Planning to get married in the UK? Then you need to get a Marriage Visitor visa.
With this visa type you will be able to:
- Get married in the UK;
- Be able to enter the country multiple times within 6 months;
- Transit through the UK to another country.
With this visa you will not be able to:
- Work or be a student;
- Extend your visa or change your status;
- Reside in the UK after your visa expires.
You can apply for this type of visa no earlier than 3 months before the trip. The cost of Marriage Visitor visa is 119 euros (consular fee). It will take three weeks for the Embassy to review your documentations and make a decision.
Before applying for a Marriage Visitor visa, you need to be sure that you meet all requirements to apply for this visa type:
- You must be 18 years-old;
- You and your partner notify the UK authorities about the getting married;
- You agree to leave the country when your visa expires;
- You can finance everything you need in the UK, or your future partner / relatives are able to be your financial sponsors.
Documents that must be provided:
- Divorce certificate or a notarized statement stating that you are not married (from both partners);
- Confirmation of relationship between partners (correspondence, joint photos, joint travel, phone calls, etc.);
- Bank statements, bills, for financing the trip or sponsorship of the trip;
- Documents confirming intention to get married (for example: reservations and prepayment of a restaurant or hotel, a letter from the church where the wedding will take place, etc.).
A Marriage Visitor visa to the UK is ideal for those couples who have not decided on their country of residence yet If in the future, you plan to live in the UK with your husband / wife, after got married, you need to return to your home country and apply for a wife / husband visa to the UK.