Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00, Sat - Sun - Сlosed
A bride’s visa to the UK оформлення віз, фото на

Posted by Avisa:   21.09.2020

An upcoming wedding usually poses issues to be solved along with excitement, especially if the ceremony is to take place in the UK. One of the most important issues that future spouses face is that of visa formalities. Because there are two categories of visas for which you are allowed to register marriage in the UK, the couple needs to decide on what category of visa to apply.  Those are:

  1. A Marriage Visitor visa is for those who want to register a marriage in the UK but do not plan to immigrate immediately to the country. You can read more about this visa here: How to get a Marriage Visitor visa for United Kingdom?
  2. A bride's visa to the UK is intended to register the marriage in the UK, followed by joint residence in the country.

To be able to apply for a fiancé visa, it is necessary for future spouses to prove that:

  • Both are at least 18 years of age;
  • One partner is a British citizen or has a permanent residence permit;
  • Partners intend to register a marriage within the next six months and after marriage registration live together in the UK on a permanent basis.
  • Both are unmarried;
  • Both partners have a steady income to support their future family;
  • The applicant for the fiancé’s visa speaks English at least at the A1 level under the pan-European CEFR scheme.

This visa is open for 6 months to register the marriage. It is forbidden to work and study on the bride's visa. After the ceremony, the applicant must apply for his wife's visa, which in turn is issued for 2.5 years. The wife's visa allows you to live and work in the UK for the duration of the visa. At the end of the term the visa is extended again.

The Consular fee for the bride's visa is 1,556 pounds and the examination of documents by the embassy may last up to 3 months.

The list of necessary documents for applying for a fiancé visa is as follows:

  • Documents confirming the intention to marry in the UK (booked hotel or restaurant, paid wedding rings, letter from the church about the wedding, etc.);
  • Financial documents from the future spouse which will confirm the ability to provide for the family in Britain;
  • A copy of the apartment lease or certificate of ownership of property in the UK where you and your fiancée plan to live after the marriage;
  • Proof of the relationship (correspondence, phone calls, joint photos, etc.);
  • Certificate confirming English proficiency of the applicant of at least A1 level;
  • Results of TB tests of the applicant;
  • Divorce certificates (if either of the couple was previously married);
  • Birth certificates for children under the age of 18 (if either of the couple has children).

It is a difficult journey to apply for a fiancée’s visa to England on your own. It is necessary to pay  careful attention to the list of documents, because depending on the situation, the list can increase by 2-3 times. It is necessary to consider all the nuances, as well as to think through all the details. If you doubt to take on this process yourself, entrust it to our professionals at AVisa!

Рейтинг: 0 / 5 (0)

Contact Us

Our manager will contact you to discuss the details.

Enter your name
Enter a phone number
Enter your city
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00, Sat - Sun - Сlosed