This article explains what residents of Ukraine need to know in 2020 to get a visa to the U.S. The first task is to determine which purpose you need a visa for, because applying for the wrong type of visa can result in a denial.
The types of visas in the U.S. are as follows:
- B1 - for business purposes. In most cases such a visa is opened to Ukrainians who have (or get) an invitation from the company for an upcoming event or exhibition you want to attend. It is also for taking care of real estate issues.
- B2 – B2 visa is a tourist visa to go to the United States for travel purposes including visiting family or friends, as well as for short-term medical treatment. A tourist visa to the United States is issued for 10 years with the possibility of an extension.
- F1 - a visa for people who plan to study in the United States. For this visa, you need to have an invitation from the school and confirm that all the financial costs are covered.
- C1 - this is a transit visa which is used only for passing through the United States on your way to your destination. To obtain one, it is necessary to confirm the intention to use the U.S. territory only as a transit zone with tickets and a valid visa to the destination country.
- C1D – this visa is also a transit visa, but only for crew members of an aircraft or sea vessel. To obtain such a visa, you need to confirm the route through confirmation from your employer.
- K1 - this is a fiancé 's visa. This is not an immigrant visa but can be used to stay in the U.S. for 90 days for marriage. To start the process for this visa, you need to file an immigration petition, after which the bride or groom will be able to collect and submit all the necessary documents and be interviewed at the U.S. Embassy. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, this type of visa is not suitable for you and in this case, you need to apply for a spouse visa, namely K3.
Applying for a visa to the U.S. is a very complex process, especially for an unprepared person. Most people who are applying for a visa in the U.S. make many mistakes during the process of filling out a questionnaire for the embassy, and later in the interview. Often people experience stress during the interview, because they do not know what questions the visa officer will ask and how to answer them correctly.
Therefore, obtaining a visa to the United States is based on:
- selecting the correct type of visa
- providing logical and transparent information regarding the purpose of the trip.
- other important factors are correctness of the application of data in the questionnaire,
- preparing all the necessary documents and having a relaxed and stress-free interview at the Embassy.
The above suggestions can make getting a visa to the U.S. much easier. If you do not find an answer to your question in this article, you can seek advice from our visa specialist.